1. Zargari A. (Ed.) Medicinal Plants, Sixth Edition. Tehran, Iran: Tehran University Publications. 2001.
2. Iranian Herbal Pharmacopoeia. Tehran: Ministry of Health and Medical Publications, 2002; 51-56.
3. Sajed H, Sahebkar A, Iranshahi M. Z. multiflora Boiss (Shirazi thyme) - An ancient condiment with modern pharmaceutical uses. J Ethnopharmacol 2013; 145:686-698.
4. Akhondzadeh-Basti A, Misaghi A, Khaschabi D. Growth response and modeling of effects of Z. multiflora essential oil, pH, and temperature on S. typhimurium and S. aureus. LWT-Food Sci Tech 2007; 40:973-981.
6. Fazeli MR, Amin G, Attari MM, Ashtiani H, Jamalifar H, Samadi N. Anti-microbial activities of Iranian sumac and avishan-e shirazi (Z. multiflora) against some food-borne bacteria. Food Control 2007; 18:646-649.
7. Mohammadi Purfard A, Kavoosi G. Chemical composition, radical scavenging, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activities of Z. multiflora bioss essential oil and aqueous extract. J Food Saf 2012; 32:326-332.
8. Abdollahi M, Hamzehzarghani H, Saharkhiz, MJ. Effects of the essential oil of Z. multiflora, a thyme-like medicinal plant from Iran on the growth and sporulation of A. niger both in vitro and on lime fruits. J Food Saf 2011; 31:424-432.
9. Gandomi H, Misaghi A, Akhondzadeh-Basti A, Bokaei S, Khosravi A, Abbasifar A, Javan AJ. Effect of Z. multiflora essential oil on growth and aflatoxin formation by A. flavus in culture media and cheese. Food Chem Toxicol 2009; 47:2397-2400.
11. Shahsavari N, Barzegar M, Sahari MA, Naghdi Badi H. An investigation on the anti-oxidant activity of essential oil of Z. multiflora Boiss. in soy bean oil. J Med Plants Res 2008; 7:56-68.
12. Sharififar F, Moshafi MH, Mansouri SH, Khodashenas M, Khoshnoodi M. In vitro evaluation of anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant activities of the essential oil and methanol extract of endemic Z. multiflora Boiss. Food Control 2007; 18:800-805.
13. Karimian P, Kavoosi G, Saharkhiz MJ. Antioxidant, nitric oxide scavenging and malondialdehyde scavenging activities of essential oil from different chemotypes of Z. multiflora. Nat Prod Res 2012; 26:2144-2147.
14. Kavoosi G, Teixeira da Silva JA, Inhibitory effects of Z. multiflora essential oil and its main components on nitric oxide and hydrogen peroxide production in glucose-stimulated human monocyte. Food Chem Toxicol 2012; 50:3079-3085.
15. Kavoosi G, Teixeira da Silva JA, Saharkhiz MJ. Inhibitory effects of Z. multiflora essential oil and its main components on nitric oxide and hydrogen peroxide production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages. J Pharm Pharmacol 2012; 64:1492-1500.
19. Nouri AM, Thompson C, Cannell H, Symes M, Purkiss S, Amirghofran Z. Profile of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFr) expression in human malignancies: Effects of exposure to EGF and its biological influence on established human tumor cell lines. Int J Mol Med 2000; 6:495-500.
24. Katalinic V, Milos M, Kulisic T, Jukic M. Screening of 70 medicinal plants extracts for anti-oxidant capacity and total phenols. Food Chem 2006; 94:550-557.
25. Amirghofran Z, Ahmadi H, Karimi MH. Immunomodulatory activity of the water extract of Thymus vulgaris, T. daenensis, and Z. multiflora on dendritic cells and T-cell responses. J Immunoass Immunoch 2012; 33:388-402.
27. Groemping Y, Rittinger K. Activation and assembly of the NADPH oxidase: A structural perspective. Biochem J 2005; 386:401-416.
28. Minakami R, Sumimotoa H. Phagocytosis-coupled activation of the superoxide-producing phagocyte oxidase, a member of the NADPH oxidase (NOX) family. Int J Hematol 2006; 84:193-198.
29. Bedard K, Krause KH. The NOX family of ROS-generating NADPH oxidases: Physiology and pathophysiology. Physiol Rev 2007; 87:245-313.
30. Kleniewska P, Piechota A, Skibska B, Gorąca A. The NADPH oxidase family and its inhibitors. Arch Immunol Ther Ex 2012; 60:277-294.
31. Zielonka J, Zielonka M, Sikora A, Adamus J, Joseph J, Hardy M, Ouari O, Dranka BP, Kalyanaraman B. 2012. Global profiling of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species in biological systems: High-throughput real-time analyses. J Biol Chem 2012; 287:2984-2995.
32. Kroncke KD, Fehsel K, Kolb BV. 1998. Inducible nitric oxide synthase in human diseases. Clin Exp Immunol 1998; 113:147-156.
34. Peranzoni E, Marigo I, Dolcetti L, Ugel S, Sonda N, Taschin E, Mantelli B, Bronte V, Zanovello P. Role of arginine metabolism in immunity and immunopathology. Immunobiology 2007; 212; 795-812.
36. Stebbings R, Eastwood D, Poole S, Thorpe R. After TGN1412: Recent developments in cytokine release assays. J Immunotoxicol 2013; 10: 75-82
37. Zha LY, Mao LM, Lu XC, Deng H, Ye JF, Chu XW, Sun SX, Luo HJ. Anti-inflammatory effect of Soya saponins through suppressing nitric oxide production in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells by attenuation of NF-kB-mediated nitric oxide synthase expression. Bioorgan Med Chem 2011; 21:2415-2418.
38. Hsu HY, Wen MH. Lipopolysaccharide-mediated reactive oxygen species and signal transduction in the regulation of IL-1 gene expression. J Biol Chem 2002; 277:22131-2239.