1Biotechnology Research Laboratory, Shenyang Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Shenyang Liaoning, China
2Department of Biotechnology, University of Sargodha, Sargodha Pakistan
This study investigated the genetic diversity of morchella species using randomly amplified polymorphic DNA markers. Morchella species are an important group of edible mushrooms belonging to the family Helveliaceae with medicinal and economical significance. In this study we have developed an efficient method of genomic DNA isolation which was amplified by eight RAPD primers to test the polymorphism in three species of morchella. Out of all eight primers tested in current study, one of them (B8) resulted 100% polymorphism among the three studied species. Based on the RAPD profile a similarity matrix was generated to construct a dendrogram for phylogenetic analysis revealing the relationship among the three species of morchella.
4. Pankaj P, Kusum C, Kandari LS, Maikhu RK, Aditya RP, Bhattr RP, Rao KS. Morchella esculenta (Guchhi): Need for scientific intervention for its cultivation in Central Himalaya. Current Sci 2002;82:1098-1108.
5. Fredricks DN, Smith C, Meier A. Comparison of six DNA extraction methods for recovery of fungal DNA as assessed by quantitative PCR. J Clin Microbiol2005;43: 5122-5128.
6. Muller FM, Werner KE, Kasai M, Francesconi A, Chanock SJ, Walsh TJ. Rapid extraction of genomic DNA from medically important yeasts and filamentous fungi by high-speed cell disruption. J Clin Microbiol 1998;36:1625-1629.
7. Doyle JJ, Doyle JL. A rapid DNA isolation procedure for small quantities of fresh leaf tissue. Phytochem Bull 1987;19:11-15.
8. Ashktorab H, Cohen RJ. Facile isolation of genomic DNA from filamentous fungi. BioTechniques1992;13:198-200.
9. Lee SB, Milgroom MG, Taylor JW. A rapid, high yield mini-prep method for isolation of total genomic DNA from fungi. Fungal Genet News 1988;35:23–24.
10. Griffin DW, Kellogg CA, Peak KK, Shinn EA. A rapid and efficient assay for extracting DNA from fungi. Lett Appl Microbiol 2002;34:210-214.
11. Li SL, Zhou B, Yang LY, Li ZY, Zhang Q, Chen YW. An improved method for extracting fungal DNA. J Yunnan Univ 2002;24:471-472.
12. Faggi E, Pini G, Campisi E. Use of magnetic beads to extract fungal DNA. Mycoses 2005;48:3-7.
13. Xue SJ, Yue TL, Guan J, Yuan YH, Gao ZP. An improved method for extracting fungal DNA. Food Res Develop 2006;27:39-40.
14. Goodwin DC, Lee SB. Rapid, microwave mini-prep of total genomic DNA from fungi, plants, protists and animals for PCR. BioTechniques 1993;15:438-444.
15. Zhang YH, Wei DS, Xing LJ, Li MC. A modified method for isolating DNA from fungus. Microbiol China 2008;35:466-469.
16. Yoon CS, Gessner RV, Romano MA. Population genetics and systematics of the Morchella esculenta complex. Mycologia 1990:82:227-235.
17. Jung SW, Gessner RV, Keudell KC, Romano MA. Systematics of Morchella esculenta complex using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Mycologia 1993;85: 677-684.
18. Buscot F, Wipf D, Battista CD, Munch JC, Botton B, Martin F. DNA polymorphism in morels. I. PCR/RFLP analysis of the ribosomal DNA spacers and microsatellites-primed PCR. Mycol Res 1996;100:63-71.
19. Gepts P. The use of molecular and biochemical markers in crop Evolution studies. In, Hecht MK (ed.). Evol Biol 1993;27:51-94.
20. Williams JGK, Hanafey MK, Rafalski JA, Tingey SV. Genetic analysis using random amplified polymorphic DNA markers. Methods Enzymol 1993;218:704-741.
21. Nei M, Li WH. Mathematical model for studying genetic variation in terms of restriction endonuclease.Proceed Nat Acad Sci USA 1979;76:5269-5273.
22. Rohlf FJ. NTSYS-pc version 1.80. Distribution by Exeter Software, Setauket, New York 1993.
23. Kernodle SP, Cannon RE, Scandalios JG. Rapid and simple phage DNA isolation. Biotechniques 1993;14:360-362.
24. Dalgleish HJ, Jacobson KM. A first assessment of genetic variation among Morchella esculenta (morel) populations. J Hered 2005;96:396-403.
25. Ravash R, Shiran B, Alavi A, Zarvagis J. Evaluation of genetic diversity in Oyster mushroom (Pleurotus eryngii) isolates using RAPD marker. J Sci Technol Agric Natural Res 2009;13:739-741.