2. Mayboroda OA, van Hooij A, Derks R, van den Eeden SJ, Dijkman K, Khadge S, Thapa P, Kunwar CB, Hagge DA, Geluk A. Exploratory urinary metabolomics of type 1 leprosy reactions. Int J Infect Dis 2016;45:46-52.
3. Fine PE, Steme JA, Pönnighaus JM, Bliss L, Saui J, Chihana A, Munthali M, Wamdorff DK. Household and dwelling contact as risk factors for leprosy in northern Malawi. Am J Epidemiol 1997;146:91-102.
4. Moet FJ, Pahan D, Schuring RP, Oskam L, Richardus JH. Physical distance, genetic relationship, age, and leprosy classification are independent risk factors for leprosy in contacts of patients with leprosy. J Infect Dis 2006;193:346-353.
5. Yan W, Xing Y, Yuan LC, de Yang R, Tan FY, Zhang Y, Li HY. Application of RLEP real-time PCR for detection of M. leprae DNA in paraffin-embedded skin biopsy specimens for diagnosis of paucibacillary leprosy. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2014;90:524-529.
6. Martinez AN, Talhari C, Moraes MO, Talhari S. PCR-based techniques for leprosy diagnosis: from the laboratory to the clinic. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2014;8:e2655.
7. Phetsuksiri B, Rudeeaneksin J, Supapkul P, Wachapong S, Mahotarn K, Brennan PJ. A simplified reverse transcriptase PCR for rapid detection of Mycobacterium leprae in skin specimens. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 2006;48:319-328.
8. Torres P, Camarena JJ, Gomez JR, Nogueira JM, Gimeno V, Navarro JC, Olmos A. Comparison of PCR-mediated amplification of DNA and the classical methods for detection of Mycobacterium leprae in different types of clinical samples in leprosy patients and contacts. Lepr Rev 2003;74:18-30.
9. Santos AR, Balassiano V, Oliveira ML, Pereira MA, Santos PB, Degrave WM, Suffys PN. Detection of Mycobacterium leprae DNA by polymerase chain reaction in the blood of individuals, eight years after completion of anti-leprosy therapy. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 2001;96:1123-1133.
10. Martinez AN, Britto CF, Nery JA, Sampaio EP, Jardim MR, Sarno EN, Moraes MO. Evaluation of real-time and conventional PCR targeting complex 85 genes for detection of Mycobacterium leprae DNA in skin biopsy samples from patients diagnosed with leprosy. J Clin Microbiol 2006;44:3154-3159.
11. Donoghue HD, Holton J, Spigelman M. PCR primers that can detect low levels of Mycobacterium leprae DNA. J Med Microbiol 2001;50:177-182.
12. Banerjee M, Capozzoli M, McSweeney L, Sinha D. Beyondkappa: A review of interrater agreement measures. Canadian J Stat 1999;27:3-23.
13. Mohanty PS, Naaz F, Katara D, Misba L, Kumar D, Dwivedi DK, Tiwari AK, Chauhan DS, Bansal AK, Tripathy SP, Katoch K. Viability of Mycobacterium leprae in the environment and its role in leprosy dissemination. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2016;82:23-27.
14. Truman RW, Andrews PK, Robbins NY, Adams LB, Krahenbuhl JL, Gillis TP. Enumeration of Mycobacterium leprae using real-time PCR. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2008; 2:e328.
15. Shepard CC, McRae DH. A method for counting acid-fast bacteria. Int J Lepr Other Mycrobact Dis 1968;36:78-82.
16. Almeida EC, Martinez AN, Maniero VC, Sales AM, Duppre NC, Sarno EN, Santos AR, Moraes MO. Detection of Mycobacterium leprae DNA by polymerase chain reaction in the blood and nasal secretion of Brazilian household contacts. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 2004;9 9:509-511.
17. Williams DL, Gillis TP, Booth RJ, Looker D, Watson JD. The use of a specific DNA probe and polymerase chain reaction for the detection of Mycobacterium leprae. J Infect Dis 1990; 162:193-200.
18. Woods SA, Cole ST. A rapid method for the detection of potentially viable Mycobacterium leprae in human biopsies: a novel application of PCR. FEMS Microbiol Lett 1989;53:305-309.
19. Goulart IM, Cardoso AM, Santos MS, Gonçalves MA, Pereira JE, Goulart LR. Detection of Mycobacterium leprae DNA in skin lesions of leprosy patients by PCR may be affected by amplicon size. Arch Dermatol Res 2007;299:267-271.
20. Reis EM, Araujo S, Lobato J, Neves AF, Costa AV, Gonçalves MA, Goulart LR, Goulart IM. Mycobacterium leprae DNA in peripheral blood may indicate a bacilli migration route and high-risk for leprosy onset. Clin Microbiol Infect 2014;20:447-452.
21. Siwakot S, Rai K, Bhattarai NR, Agarwal S, Khanal B. Evaluation of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) with slit skin smear examination (SSS) to confirm clinical diagnosis of Leprosy in eastern Nepal. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2016,10:e0005220.